Please visit our new website at:
The Welsh Religious Buildings Trust is a charity that acquires and conserves some of the best examples of redundant (non-Church in Wales) religious buildings in Wales.
It has a national role in promoting the understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of the religious built-heritage of Wales, and to work to emphasise its continued relevance for today’s society as well as for future generations.
- identifies and acquires suitable redundant architecturally or historically important religious buildings.
- protects the buildings in its care, and ensures their appropriate conservation and maintenance.
- promotes, through the example of buildings in its care, best conservation practice, including the use and sustainability of traditional skills and materials.
- encourages visitors to buildings in its care, and seeks to remove barriers affecting access by any group or individual.
- encourages community participation in the use, care and operation of buildings in the Trust’s care.
- works with relevant organisations to promote the protection, knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of Wales’ religious built heritage.